|

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

fever

As many of you who actually read this blog knows, i am well known for sacrificing everything that i have for music. Be it love, money, friendship or my closest kin, i am willing to go the distance for music just to be rewarded with peanuts. Actually i am not proud to say that all these sacrifices may not be visible to the people around me especially the ones closest to me as i tend to be secretive in almost anything i do hence I don't blame them for one couldn't understand what one couldn't see. . However, the reward that i get from all these sacrifices are the reason why i keep doing all these crazy things in my life. The end reward was indeed priceless to me, the satisfaction of achieving what i never thought i would've achieved in the first place. To the naked eye of the people around me most of the time, life goes on. However a big kudos goes to those who trully understand what i've been through.

Recently i've made a vow to my band mates from kuching that i will be playing the year end gig and i've purposely flewn back from Singapore on the weekends to jam and record just to make ends meet for the superfly gig. It wasn't easy as we all know playing a gig doesnt mean you go to the stage and sing a linkin park song with a fist jammed in your balls kinda sound, well not this gig anyway. The point is that i will have to get a weeks off my job to forcefully jam and write songs with my band in Kuching without knowing the outcome of this sacrifice. I tried to take the leave early on but it was a close draw as i was denied the leave many times from my boss here in singapore. I don't know how but suddenly he found mercy in me and walla, the next thing i know is that i'm on my flight back to Kuching. There we practised like mad, wrote songs like there is no tomorrow and played our heart out to the walls of Hip Hop & Rock Studio, there is no turning back now as the days came closer and closer. The only thing we could do is to pray hard that we'll be alright after jamming just a few times.

To SARAWAK ROCK PARTY 2007 crowd, you guys trully made a wild crowd that night. To all the bands who played that night i am salute you for being able to push for something which we all beleive in that night, THE POWER OF MUSIC! So once again i salute you with my Heineken in my hand all the way online from Singapore as i'm writting this.

Sadly my flight to Singapore is on 5am the next morning so after the gig, i immediately went back home to pack my stuff, it wasn't easy as my heart was still pumping from the massive adrenaline rush that night. Somehow i manage to conquer all doubts to stay back in Kuching to party and get on the plane the next morning. Now that i am in Singapore, writting this and the shere feeling of loneliness began to set in slowly once again like a creepy spider.. Hehhe, be prepared for more emotional writtings soon.

Before logging off, I would like all hail to my band DYERBREED, the strip rockers once again.!! Thank you for the wonderfull experience in Kuching and we all know that TsingTao is as smooth as Heineken now. Chiao!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com