|

Sunday, December 11, 2005

My very first original cd...

****************************************************************************
Actually I wrote this quite a while back, by now my LMB cd iss at the hands of one of my friends in Sarawak, hope it brings new inspiration for him too...
****************************************************************************


To my own suprise, i finallly bought the long awaited Love Me Butch cd at Inverno, Mahkota Parade last sunday. To know the boring story of how i ended up there please read here. At my very first glance of the shop, i can immediately know that this shop is your typical ah beng music shop selling and feng tau songs and craps such as Britney Spears and Backstreet Mtv Ho's, but after confirming the place of purchase through the LMB website, to my suprise this shop sells and support a lot of locally produced music, wow..!! Being approached by the ah beng promoter is dark horned specs, i immediately asked for LMB's latest cd and he directed me into the other room filled with stacks of cd. Hm, that gives me a feeling of being a VIP, for the other room are reserved for cd's only. There he pulls out a stack of cd's and sorted it out in less than 20 seconds, asking me which one i want, Enter Posthuman or This Is The New Pop.. I check both out, Enter Posthuman selling for for rm29.90 and This Is The New Pop selling for rm25.90

Hm, isn't that suspicious? For those who did not keep in touch with the progress of this band, they may assume that the new LMB cd may just be an uninteresting album as any other poorly produced local products or either they are just plain lousy up to the extend of releasing a new album which is cheaper than their first. FYI their new album are totally self produced, everything from the CD cover to CD replication. That is one of the reson why their new cd can be cheaper. Don't beleive what i said? read this for yourself, due to being released from their label posse records, they managed to go agaisnt the odds imposed on indipendent Malaysian Band and produced the entire compilation of their ideas from scratch. This proves the quote "If there's a will there's a way" to be true, from what i noticed, they are setting the benchmark in musical production for all indipendent musicians in Malaysia. I am trully inspired by their efforts in getting their own ideas out on the street indipendently, it requires you to fully trust in what you do and believing that your ideas can make a change to somebody to go to that extend.

Back to the story, when i finally got my hands on this little gem there was a moment of silence as if i am holding the holly grail. I promptly paid the cashier and left the shop with a gratefull smile, holding my very first original cd. To prove it:







Now with the cd in my hand, i have put the mastering to test with my brother's tube amplifiers. The final result that i get was quite amazing, the mastering had been trully well done, when compared with a justin timberlake cd. After listening to the songs, i felt the sudden urge to .... and it just had to be done,

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.




Simply amazing what a piece of CD can do for your soul. Anyway before signing off, i just want to let you know that my frav track among all was Pitcher Of a Ghost. Go get a copy of yours today..!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com